An opportunity now exists for an experienced HSEQ Officer to join our team.
The company prides itself on being one of the leading service providers to the cleaning industry.
This organisation has based their reputation on providing high quality services, attention to detail and listening to clients’ needs. It is a reputable company that prides itself on meeting and exceeding client expectations.
$60k + Car Allowance + Superannuation
- Certificate IV in Occupational Health and Safety or above
- Cert IV Training and Assessment
- 12 months experience within a safety role
- Understanding of the various legislative and regulatory requirements in areas of WHS and workplace compliance
- Computer applications and interfaces
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Strong influencer and the ability to build relationships
- Passionate about Health, Safety and Environment
Responsibilities and Duties for the role include:
- Research and provide technical advice to the business with regard to HSEQ
- Identify areas for improvement or focus – prioritise, develop programs, provide training (in conjunction with the HR Manager) and assist our operation teams to implement them
- Create/develop/conduct workshops for safety program topics such as, incident analysis/prevention, safety policies/procedures, regulatory compliance, safety training as required by law, etc
- Create/conduct group training modules (eg. OHS, Risk management in conjunction with the HR Manager)
- Teach/communicate safety information to managers which are to be integrated into their daily operations
- Implementation of a HSEQ management manuals
- Create reports to be used when reviewing workers’ compensation and incidents, identifying exposures and training opportunities
- Inspect sites
- Review safety procedures
- Develope policies and procedures
- Create and interpret adhoc reports
- Write professional correspondence to regulatory agencies and senior management
- Conduct incident investigations and provide assistance to operations for regulatory visits / inspections and conduct audits
- Knowledge and understanding of legislative and regulatory compliance
- Record keeping – up to date and ensure documentation is filed correctly
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to understand business objectives and independently develop the means to achieving goals and objectives
- Multitasking with ability to prioritise
- Stay abreast of changes in regulations and technology
- Ability to build and maintain long-term relationships across a diverse range of groups to ensure a positive contribution to overall team and business objectives.
The position is based in Sydney but does entail some interstate travel as required.
Please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org